Do you ever face the problem of music not working on Instagram? Instagram is one of the first social media platforms solely devoted to photos and videos. Being carried on a different idea, it gained popularity instantly and achieved a billion users mark in just a span of five to six years.
Just a few years ago, Instagram introduced the feature to add music on Instagram stories. This feature allows the users to use a 15 second of their favourite music piece on their Instagram stories. This idea became an instant success, and new almost everyone uses the music feature on their Instagram story.
Now, you too are trying to add your special music piece to your Instagram story, but it does not work. What will you do? Back off and post that simple story without any music touch? Well, no! In this article, we will tell you how you can fix the problem of Instagram music, not working. We won’t let you miss this cool Instagram feature.
How To Fix Instagram Music Not Working (2021)
First, let us see how you can add music to your Instagram Story –
1. First of all, open Instagram and tap on your profile picture available on the top-left of your screen.
2. Now add the media (Photo/Video) that you want to add to your Instagram story.
3. Tap on the stickers option available on top of the screen. Look at the picture below –
4. Now tap on the Music sticker and choose a song of your choice.
5. When done, post the story with a great music effect and enjoy!
But oh! You can’t add music to your Instagram story. Let us now fix ‘No Sound’ or ‘Music Not Playing’ on Instagram –
Method 1: Update the Instagram App
If you can’t find the add music feature or if you are facing problems like ‘Music not available’ on your Instagram application, you should first try updating the app. Moreover, one should always keep all the apps updated.
To update your Instagram app on your phone, follow the given steps –
1. First, open the Play Store on your device.
2. Now, search for Instagram in the search bar, or you can find it under the My Apps section too. Now Click on Update.
3. If your app is already updated and you still can’t add music to your story, move on to the next fix.
Method 2: Try Re-Logging in the Application
This fix might help you get rid of the Instagram Music not working problem. Follow the steps given below –
1. First of all, go to the Profile section by tapping on the profile button.
2. Now tap on Three horizontal lines available on the top right of the screen. then tap on Settings.
3. Now tap on the Log Out option.
Once you have logged out of the account, log in again using the same ID & Password and see if your problem is solved. If you still can’t use music on your Instagram, try the next fix.
Also Read: How to Check Instagram Messages on your PC
Method 3: Reinstall Instagram
Uninstall and then reinstall the Instagram app on your device. You can do so through the Play store. Go to the Instagram page and tap on the uninstall button. Once it has been uninstalled, you will see the Install button on the same page. Tap and reinstall the Instagram application on your phone. Once installed then Open the Application by clicking on Open Button.
Log in to your account again by using your credentials. By this time, you should be able to fix Instagram Music Not Working issue.
Method 4: Switch to Instagram Personal Account or Creator Account
If you are using the Instagram Business account, try switching it back to a personal account. Many users have reported that using a business account resulted in the loss of the music feature on Instagram stories.
To switch your business account back to personal, follow the steps given below –
1. First of all, go to Instagram settings by tapping on the Three Horizontal lines on the profile page then go to the Account section.
2. Now tap on the Switch to Personal Account option, and you are done.
Once you have switched back to the personal account, check if your problem of Instagram Music not working is solved. If the problem is not solved by switching to a personal account, switch to a creator account. It is very likely that the music feature will come back when you make your account as a creator account.
You can do so by following the exact same steps as we have mentioned above in this section. The only difference will be – choose the Switch to creator account option instead of Personal account.
Also Read: How to Change the Background Color in your Instagram Story
Method 5: the ‘Song is Currently Unavailable’ error
If you are getting this error when trying to add music on your Instagram story, then there must be any one of the two below-mentioned reasons behind this –
1. The song you choose is not available in your country, or
2. The song you choose must have been removed from Instagram by the artist.
But there is a quick walkaround to get par this issue of ‘Song is currently unavailable’. You can convert the song you want to add to a video file, and you can later share it as an Instagram story. There are many applications that let you convert audio files to video and vice versa. You can also use such applications to add your desired music to a photo, which you can upload as a story on Instagram too. Such applications also provide the feature to share videos/pictures on social media platforms directly.
Method 6: Contact Instagram
If none of the above-mentioned methods works for you, try contacting the customer support of Instagram. However, this fix is not sure to work. But still, you can try contacting Instagram support a few times. The customer support may look after your concern and help you out.
Here is how you can contact Instagram in order to fix Music not working on the Instagram problem –
1. First of all, go to the profile section of Instagram. Now, tap on the three dots and select Settings.
2. Tap on Help from the given options.
3. Now select the Report a problem option.
4. Now follow the instructions you see on screen and input your issue in the Write to the Instagram section then click on Submit.
You can also write a mail to [email protected] regarding the ‘Instagram Music not working’ issue.
Method 7: Use VPN to Access Music feature on Instagram
If you can’t access the music feature after trying all the fixes as mentioned above, try using a VPN on your device. Using a VPN will surely help you get rid of the ‘Instagram music not working’ problem. A VPN actually swaps your real IP address from a fake one. Here you can set up an IP address in a country where the Instagram music feature is available.
Hence, using a VPN will undoubtedly eradicate your problem of music not working on Instagram.
- 9 Ways to Fix Instagram Not Working on Wi-Fi
- How To Disable Snapchat Account Temporarily
- How to Check if your phone is 4G Enabled?
We are sure that by now, your problem of music not working on Instagram must have been resolved. Comment down and let us know which one of the mentioned fixes worked for you.
Moreover, if you still can’t find a suitable solution among the mentioned fixes above, sit back and wait for some time. The issue might be at Instagram’s end. Wait for a few hours and see if you can add music to your Instagram story now. If you have any other issues or queries on your mind, let us know, and we will help.