Snapchat is one of the most popular and unique social media platforms. It offers many unique and first of its kind features such as automatic deletion of chats, bitmojis, snap-streaks, screenshot notification, etc. Sending snaps and maintaining streaks is great fun.
Snapchat also allows you to add numerous friends; everyone has a username and phone number associated with their account. You can easily search for a friend using their username and phone number. But what if you have neither of them? How will you search for your friend? It’s not like you can type the name in the search bar and find him/her by looking at the profile picture either. Snapchat accounts have bitmojis instead of a profile picture.
Now, wait before you start cursing Snapchat, hear us out first. We can help you with finding people on Snapchat. In this article, we will tell you some of the best methods to find a friend on Snapchat without a username or phone number –
Find Someone on Snapchat Without Username or Phone Number
Method 1 – Find someone using the Snapcode.
As we have already told you, Snapchat is the king of unique features. You can find anyone and add them as a friend on Snapchat if you have their Snapcode. This feature of using code was marked in Snapchat much before Instagram. The Snapcode feature was an instant hit, and people all around the world started using Snapcodes to add friends.
To add a friend using the Snapcode, you only have to scan the Snapcode of someone using the Snapchat scanner and you two will be friends within a minute. Follow the steps given below to do it right –
1. Ask your friend to send his/her Snapcode and save it on your device, or you can ask him/her to open their Snapcode in their phone only (if your friend is around with you).
2. To open Snapcode on Android – You need to open Snapchat on your smartphone and go to the profile section. Tap on your profile and select the Share Snapcode option.
Note: To share Snapcode on iPhone – Sharing Snapcode on iPhone is the same as Android, tap on the profile, and select Share URL.
3. Once you have got the Snapcode of your friend, save it on your device.
4. Now, you need to open the Snapchat app on your device and tap on the Add Friends icon. Look in the screenshot below –
Note: If you use iPhone – Tap on the Add Friends icon on the profile page and then select Snapcode to scan a saved Snapcode on your iOS device .
5. Now, click on the Snapcode icon available on the rightmost side of the search bar and select the Snapcode from your media gallery to add a friend.
Now that you have added a new friend start sending snaps with funny face filters and maintain snap streaks.
Method 2 – Find Nearby Snapchat users
You can also add new friends on Snapchat if they are nearby, that too without having their username. Snapchat allows you to add nearby Snapchat friends through the Quick Add feature. The only condition is that the nearby users must have Quick Add enabled on your device.
Follow the given steps to get a more precise idea –
1. The first step is to check if the Quick Add feature is enabled on your friend’s device.
2. Now open Snapchat on your smartphone and click on Add Friends.
3. You will see a list under the name Quick Add. Search for the friend in the list and tap the Add button.
Still having trouble? Check out the next method to Find Someone on Snapchat Without Username or Number.
Method 3 – Use Snapchat search bar
If you do not have the Snapcode, username, and phone number of your friend, you can still find that friend by typing his/her name in the search bar. It becomes easier if a mutual friend of you two is added to your friend list. However, this method is a sure-shot. There may be many people with the same name, so it is up to you if you can find the right one.
Follow the steps given below to add friends on Snapchat without a username or phone number:
1. First, open Snapchat on your phone and tap the Add Friends button.
2. Now type the friend’s name in the search bar and see if you are able to find him/her amongst all the suggestions.
3. You can try searching your friend by their username o other social media platforms. Many times, people tend to use the same username for every social media platform for their convenience.
We have shared the best methods to search and add friends even if you do not have their username and phone number. You can now find and add anyone without worrying about username and number at all.
- How To Tell If Someone Viewed Your Snapchat Story More Than Once
- 5 Ways to Fix Your Android Phone That Won’t Turn ON
- How To Disable Snapchat Account Temporarily
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to find someone on Snapchat without username or phone number. If anyone asks you the same query, you can tell them how to do so and showcase your Snapchat skills! But before that, if you have any doubt or issue with the above-mentioned steps, drop a comment, and we will get back to you. Happy Snapchatting!